Hello & Welcome to Lyd’s Home Cooking Adventures!
I am a millennial on a journey to make home cooked, seasonal meals in the Pacific Northwest.
I’m focusing on:
- Local, In-Season, Sustainable, & Full of Flavor ingredients.
- Cultivating relationships with the growers and producers around my area.
- Reading as much as I can about sustainable farming, eating, and the future of food.
My goal in starting a blog is to have a place to track my cooking progress, to publish my musings on food and sustainability, and to discuss my own thoughts on the future of food and farming in America.
A few things about me:
- I was born and raised on Capitol Hill in Seattle, WA.
- I am a coffee snob (and not afraid or ashamed to admit it).
- I’ve been eating at farm-to-table style restaurants since I was 15.
- Great food, fresh ingredients, and local economies are my jam.
You can learn more about my hatred for onions and my white-food-only phase here!
My goal with my career and personal life is to foster a way of living that celebrates excellent local, sustainable, and nourishing food; that reduces the footprint on our planet from a globalized food system; and that puts health and wellbeing at the center of the table.
Happy reading and thank you for being here!